Update April 26, 2020 - We are about 1-3 weeks out for shipping new orders
The same great Cathedral Hive® design now with added features. This is a rustic version of the Cathedral Hive®
We are building small batches of the Cathedral Northern Lights Hive®
Hives take 2-3 weeks for this detailed custom hive
No figuring out the hive plans or cutting the numerous pieces of wood or making the Cathedral Bars. We know that building the Cathedral Hive® from just the plans is not for everyone and can be challenging for those without advanced woodworking skills.
The Cathedral Northern Lights Hive® un-assembled includes:
- Hive Body parts (with all vent holes drilled and vent slots made)
- Glass Viewing Window - Fully installed into hive body side
- Fully Assembled Cathedral Northern Lights® Bars- Set of 20 -newly designed with Passageways on all 3 segments of the bar
- Parts for a Ventilated Peaked Cedar Roof
- Hexagonal falseback, front & back wall boards
- Thick 7/8" rough sawn wood for excellent insulative properties
- Beetle-kill pine wood body, reclaimed redwood or pine top bars
- Assembly diagram and Step by Step instructions with photos
This new version of the Cathedral Hive® is affordable, it’s rustic, and it has newly added features. Corwin is constantly improving his designs and over the past 6 years, since his first innovation of the original Cathedral Hive® he is ready to launch the Cathedral Northern Lights Hive®.
* Thick, 7/8" rough sawn wood and is meant to withstand the climate change we are experiencing and especially the winter weather phenomenon of large temperature variations in a short period of time.
* Accommodates 1-1/2" thick insulation all around the hive.
* New Passage Bars that have ventilation and passage slots on ALL 3 segments of the hexagon bar! This allows the bees to easily circulate air through the hive keeping the hive at optimal temperatures. The added passageways allow the bees even easier access from comb to comb
* New integrated Landing Board
Please Note: The Cathedral Hives® are made by hand, not a factory and can take 2-3 weeks in production. Often we have Cathedral Hives® un-assembled in stock but production runs can be 2-3 weeks for this detailed custom hive
You will need to build a Gluing Board Jig to glue the Sides of the hive at the correct angle. We have step by step instructions for building the Gluing Jig and assembling the Cathedral Northern Lights Hive® assembly